By Daniel Don Nanjira
This booklet bargains a continent-wide exam of Africa's overseas coverage and international relations, addressing the relevance of its many languages, precolonial background, conventional worth structures, and former overseas relationships.
• offers an exhaustive overview of the entire African countries and their diplomacy from the viewpoint of African historical past and the continent's traditions of statecraft
• includes interesting information about Africa's normal source base, its prestige because the "Cradle of Humankind," descriptions of Africa as ''The darkish Continent," Africa's paradoxes, and the explanations for Africa's isolation, exploitation, impoverishment, and marginalization
• Six charts offer convenient connection with issues similar to territories and areas adjoining to Africa within the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, dates of independence, prestige, and leaders of African international locations at independence and now, and years of political independence of Sub-Saharan African countries
• contains six necessary maps, together with an international map and actual, historic, colonial, neighborhood and political maps of Africa
Read or Download African Foreign Policy and Diplomacy from Antiquity to the 21st Century PDF
Similar african history books
"The goal of this booklet, neighborhood govt in Western Nigeria: Abeokuta, 1830-1952, A case learn of exemplary institutional switch, is to delineate the democratization strategy of governmental associations within the urban of Abeokuta, western Nigeria, throughout the Nineteen Forties and Nineteen Fifties. The Egba at Abeokuta have been selected simply because they're a huge ethnicity in the Yoruba, the then 3rd so much populous ethnic crew in Nigeria.
Within the twenty years ahead of international struggle One, nice Britain witnessed the biggest revival of anti-slavery protest because the mythical age of emancipation within the mid-nineteenth century. instead of campaigning opposed to the trans-Atlantic slave alternate, those latter-day abolitionists concerned about the so-called 'new slaveries' of ecu imperialism in Africa, condemning coercive structures of work taxation and indentured servitude, in addition to facts of atrocities.
Lengthy earlier than ecu empires got here to dominate the center East, Britain used to be introduced head to head with Islam throughout the actions of the Barbary corsairs. for 3 centuries after 1500, Muslim ships dependent in North African ports terrorized eu transport, taking pictures hundreds of thousands of vessels and enslaving millions of Christians.
The nice Lakes zone of Africa has visible dramatic adjustments. After a decade of conflict, repression, and genocide, loosely allied regimes have changed old-style dictatorships. the trail of a Genocide examines the last decade (1986-97) that brackets the 1994 genocide in Rwanda. This number of essays is either a story of that occasion and a deep reexamination of the overseas function in addressing humanitarian matters and complicated emergencies.
- African Lineage in Bibilical History
- From Africa to Brazil (African Studies)
- Geschichte Ägyptens: Von der Spätantike bis zur Gegenwart (Beck Paperback) (German Edition)
- The UNITED COUNTRIES OF AFRICA NOW!!!
- Paths toward the Nation: Islam, Community, and Early Nationalist Mobilization in Eritrea, 1941-1961 (Ohio RIS Africa Series)
Extra resources for African Foreign Policy and Diplomacy from Antiquity to the 21st Century
African Foreign Policy and Diplomacy from Antiquity to the 21st Century by Daniel Don Nanjira